Did you know there are currently about 200,000 expats living in the Netherlands? For most of them a new country means new opportunities. You are living the dream! However nearly 25-40% of these expats face challenges, primarly due to adaptation to the local culture and environment. Good preparation and guidance can help you and your family settle in succesfully. Be it in dealing with the Dutch at the office, finding a new job, or navigating the maze of soccer- and school-moms dynamics.
With Expat coaching we help you navigate through the phases of dealing with a new culture, from the early on excitement of the new surroundings, the homesickness and succeeding in your new job environment or giving guidance to your career or managing your international team from the dutch point of view. Together we will discover your goals and what you want to achieve. Making your assignment an educational and succesfull experience.
Goal of the coaching is a defined development goal that leads to sustainably effective behavior. For example:
- Understanding the Dutch culture and customs.
- Effectively connecting with the different cultures you work with.
- Gain insights into what is important to you and what you want to get out of this experience.
- Guidance in navigating through the different phases of a culture shock.
- Understanding the Dutch Business culture. What are the do’s and dont’s to watch out for.
- How to use your capabilities and competancies to the fullest.
- Being able to talk about your challenges and frustrations.
Coaching tailored to your needs
There are several other possibilities, depending on the expat topics and questions you have.
- Life coaching
- Stress and burn-out coaching
- Career coaching
- Executive coaching
- Coaching international teams
- A Culture scan: where do you stand in comparison to the cultures you deal with on a daily basis. This will help you identify where different perceptions lie that need to be addressed.
- Fine-tuning the programme: your coaching question, the duration, topics, methods to use, location(s), et cetera.
- Choosing your coach. Our coaches are mostly Dutch with a lot of international experience. This means that they are experts in dealing with Dutch culture and know the Dutch labour market and working culture.
Possible topics of the coaching
- How to navigate through the stages of a culture shock?
- How do I deal with change? What does my change curve look like?
- How do I make a positive new start in my new job in a new cultural environment?
- How do I work towards transforming my challenges towards growth in my work and opportunities for career development?
- How to empower your diverse, multi-cultural team?
- How do I get more clarity on my next step in my career?
- How do I ensure that my expectations in the new environment are clear? What roles, responsibilities and tasks are involved?
- What information do I need to understand what is expected from me and how do I obtain it?
- How do I build up courage, self-confidence and stress-resistance?
- What support do I expect from others to step into my new world?
- What do I want to develop?
After the programme you will have:
- Gained insight into the new country you call your home.
- You will have better understanding of your own unique strengths in this new situation and how to make them work for you.
- You will have a good understanding of the cultures you are dealing with and can adapt your communication accordingly.
- You will be able to perform with confidence and energy again.
- You will have a concrete action plan with objectives.
- You are aware of your qualities, pitfalls and development points so that you can follow up on them.
The coaching can take different forms. We can meet face-to-face at the office or take nature walks together. We can also connect virtually or use a hybrid set-up. All this will be determined together, looking at your wishes and needs that exist.
Learning will take place:
- In a result-oriented way by increasing self-awareness and providing insight into your own actions.
- Your coaching question and development goals are central to this and are attuned to your objectives.
- The coach helps the coachee to get moving, by asking questions and stimulating reflective behaviour.
- Important ingredients of our coaching are: reflecting, motivating, putting things into perspective, lightness, depth, mirroring, own direction, developing and providing tools.
- The duration of the process is determined in joint consultation during the first intake interview.
Feedback Training & Consulting is happy to make a proposal that fits your specific wishes and needs.
For more information and/or questions, please contact one of the coaches. For more information about our organisation, please visit our website: www.feedbackconsulting.nl/en