We are working with more and more nationalities in the Netherlands and we are doing business with foreign contacts. Coping with cultural differences involves enrichment, but often miscommunication as well.
People from other countries think, feel and act differently than we are used to here. Culture plays an important role in this context. Intercultural Communication training teaches you how to recognize and deal with the differences between cultures, so that you are even more effective in communicating with foreign (business) contacts.
The following subjects, and more, will be discussed during the training:
- What are the determining factors in intercultural communication (according to the five dimensions of Hofstede)?
- How can you recognise cultural differences?
- What is culture and what role does culture play in communication?
- How do you prevent miscommunication with foreign business contacts?
- How do you effectively communicate with your (foreign) business contacts?
- Which status-determining factors play a role in international business?
- What are the basic communication styles of different countries and cultures?
- How can you effectively network and obtain information in an international playing field?
- What dress codes, codes of conduct, gestures and greetings are appropriate in what situation?
Want to know more about the topics mentioned above or do you not see your topic(s) here? Feel free to contact us for more information and advice.
This is a blended training. Knowledge and insights about the topics of this training will be made available through the digital learning environment of Feedback Training & Consulting before, during and after the training. As knowledge and insights are gained in advance there is more time during the training days to make the translation to their own situation and practice. This results in an even better (learning) outcome.
You act with greater confidence and success in the international market and you strengthen cooperation with partners from other cultures, thanks to, among other things, these tools:
- prior to the training, you fill in a web-based Culture Assessment, which gives you insight into your own scores on 'the five cultural dimensions'
- the practical situations are tailored to your own daily practice
- you will receive a laminated card with communication tips per cultural dimension
The price of the three-day open enrolment programme, Intercultural Communication, is € 495. This amount is exclusive of VAT, but includes Culture Assessment, costs of materials and refreshments.
This training can also be done in-company, as a tailor-made course for the specific challenges facing you in the international playing field. Feedback is happy to make a proposal.
Click on 'Register now' or get more information by clicking on 'Chat with an adviser'.